Monday, July 19, 2010

Jolly Rogers- Back on The Saddle! 07/04/10

Before the race that was about to take place at my favorite track (Jolly Rogers) this Sunday, I spent a couple of days recovering from my crash at Middleboro last Sunday (both mentally and physically). It took me a while to get over the fact that during one of the few opportunities that I had to impress my parents, I ended up crashing! And crashing right in front of them! That was a blow to the ego that hit me hard. But by Wednesday, my legs were feeling pretty good and my head was clear again. I was ready to redeem myself.

It was in the 90’s at Jolly’s on Sunday and I spent two days prior just focusing on hydrating my body and getting race ready. I kicked ass. I did the 200+ class and the open class instead of the vet class. In the open class I finished 6th- and beat the #1 championship points rider!!! I took 6th overall in the 200 class. Usually I wouldn’t be this excited over a pair of 6th place finishes, but you know what, after my crash last Sunday, and competing in much larger classes this Sunday, I was pleased with my 6th place finishes.

It was a well needed confidence booster man. After last week’s crash, I needed to be able to get back on the saddle and feel fast and rebuild my confidence. And that is just what I did.

Til next time,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment