Monday, April 12, 2010

30TH Birthday- What A Weekend!


There are good weekends and then there are just awesome weekends! This past Saturday and Sunday were action-packed and non-stop days! The weekend was wrapped around riding and celebrating my 30th birthday! We're talking partying, limo rides, getting silly-stringed in the middle of the night, fireworks, champagne, and of course- riding!

So to kick things off, much of Saturday morning was spent at John's house grooming his track. The place came out awesome! John brought in a dozer and bobcat to do the job and the track came out sick. The corners look like something you would see at Southwick. It was fun helping groom the track while the equipment did the heavy work. And to change it up a bit, John put in a pretty cool double before a right-hander corner which made that section much more fun than the old beaten-down whoops. Plus all the jumps got some nice "face-lifts." Any time spent out on a track, whether riding it or working on it, is a good time!





And after that, it was all a big blur!... I woke up on Sunday morning pretty hung over. And yet I committed to my friends to ride at MX101. So after yacking a few times, I got in the truck and somehow managed to get to the track. I then rode there just for a little bit, and then went to John's track afterwards to ride there as well.

John's track rocked! I had enough steam for a couple of decent motos, but then got so fatigued I could barely ride the bike during the last moto. It was time to call it a weekend. I don't know how I managed to ride being so hung over but I did it. I had a bad headache, the chills, and felt like crap, but I rode and that's all that matters! And... I was 30!

Til next time,

Patrick

1 comment: