Monday, April 26, 2010

32 Minute Moto!!!!


I honestly can tell you that I am incredibly proud of my riding this past weekend. I did something that I didn't think I could do. Its not all that often that I toot my own horn, but seriously.... I am sooooo proud of what I accomplished this weekend.

I rode two tracks this weekend- Jolly Rogers MX park in Lempster, NH on Saturday and a private track on Sunday. It was the perfect weekend. Two days of perfect riding and two nights of campfires in the backyard. Man- what a weekend!!!! Saturday- I was in my groove. I went to Jolly Rogers and just tore it up!!!! I rode real fast and very consistent. That track rocks! Its fast, fun, and feels like a roller coaster! When you have to ride over obstacles called "Suicide Hill" you know you have to have your nuts screwed on tight! It was 9 years ago since I last rode there. The sand section is the best part- 4th gear pinned all the way!!!! It was a good day- good practice, and good flat-track cornering skills were worked on. Well needed.

Then came Sunday. I thought Sunday would be more relaxing- a private track with just my friend Dan. No hard core racing or pressure. I was sadly mistaken! After watering and grooming the track, we set out on a mission. Both of us are in TOP physical shape and what we did on Sunday was put our bodies to the test!

We ended up doing a 32 minute moto! No bullshit- its the truth- 32 minutes on the track! For those of you not into MX, 32 minutes on a track without break is something to be proud of. Most experts only race 20-25 minutes.

The two of us went out there just full speed ahead and by the time we stopped, I had more stuff coming out of my nose and mouth than I care to share! We rode hard, yet it was a blast! I had sooo much fun with Dan behind me closing the gap. I stayed relaxed and calm and had fun! This was one of the best motos I think I ever had. And it was really cool to have another friend- Rob- time us. 2 minutes and 50 seconds a lap (its a BIG track).

Anyways, I went home feeling real proud. Both for me and Dan. We worked our asses off in that moto and never gave up. Its days like this that truly make me LOVE this sport so very much.

Talk to you soon,

Patrick

1 comment:

  1. Off to your first race of the season tomorrow. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete