Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring is Almost Here!











Its no secret, I love to ride! But living in New Hampshire can be really challenging when the season comes to an abrupt end come late Fall. The last day I rode was December 4th- pretty damn late for a New England MX'er!!! Myself and my bud Dan rode until the snow started sticking to the track that afternoon. I honestly think we were probably the VERY last two motocross guys riding dirt bikes that late in the season.

So how did I feel after that day- good that I got to ride, but real sad that the season was finished. Reality had set in... I thought to myself, "Damn... it will be nearly five months before I get to ride again..." But not so fast! I didn't like the idea of going through a whole full winter without throwing my leg over my CRF 450. So what did I do to combat the awful freezin' cold winter? Myself and a few close riding buddies started signing up at this indoor motocross track down in Connecticut. Yea, its two hours away- but worth every minute of the ride- seriously, this place ROCKS! So far we have gone down there three times (including a week night when I was actually crazy enough to drive 4 hours to ride for one hour!). Now thats dedication (or just completely NUTS)!

The place is called MotoTown (www.nesupercross.com) and I'm lovin' everything about it! Its fun, its jumpy, its technical, but most importantly- its getting me more seat time. And the more practice I get, the faster I become. I plan on going down this Friday (03/05) which will make this my 4th trip of the Winter. Being able to ride in the frigid months of Winter is kind of weird, but so awesome! I just think of how much of an advantage I'll have come race season over the guys who sat their fat asses on the couch all winter!!!!

Anyways, its now March 1st, and I am itchin to ride more than anything. I truly can't wait to get outside and RIP it up. Spring is almost here and although I'm pumped about riding at the indoor track on Friday, I'm more stoked knowing that the outdoor season is right around the corner. Spring is almost here, and I can hardly wait to ride. So for those of you who are thinkin' the same thing- hang in there, we'll be tearing up the local MX track soon enough!!!

Your MX bud,

Patrick (#76)

No comments:

Post a Comment