Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Training


After a day of doing a whole bunch of work around the yard, I decided to call it quits and go to the local mall. I needed a change of scenery, plus I started freezing my ass off being outside all day. As you can tell, I didn't go riding... it was just too cold out and too rainy to rip it up on the Honda.

So I find myself at the mall, but I honestly don't need anything. Then I walk into a sporting goods store and that's when it clicked! I thought to myself, "What can I buy to make me more ready for the upcoming motocross season? What will make me stronger and faster?" Then, all of a sudden- like a kid in a candy shop- I see the "As Seen On TV" Xtreme Upper Body Work-Out Bar! For $44 I could have this crazy looking all-in-one pull-up/chin-up bar that would get me ripped abs, biceps & tri's within days!!!! This is that thing that you somehow mount to a door frame and can do crazy pull-ups on it. I was SOLD!

I checked out with the upper body bar and decided to pickup a Pro Hand Grip exerciser while I was there (that's the thing that helps build hand and forearm muscles). Now here's the funny part- when I was checking out, the cashier hinted that I would be better off just carrying out the Upper Body Bar because she didn't have a bag large enough for it. Ummmm- no. There was no way I was going to walk through the whole Mall carrying an "As Seen On TV" Upper Body Workout Bar!!!! Sorry, no way, not happening! Maybe I am too uptight of a guy, but shit, I just felt like as though anyone that saw me would say, "what a moron- he actually felt for that gimmick!" But for whatever reason, I knew this thing would help me train for motocross. And, I never joined a gym, so I needed something else aside from the weight bench and running all the time...

I get home, put it together (which I was most impressed by its quality) and use it for the very first time. THIS THING IS SICK!!!! Sick in an awesome way. Honestly, if you have $44 go out any buy one. Buy one RIGHT NOW. I did pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, and push-ups with my new toy. I felt my muscles getting worked really hard. I especially loved the dips. They were painful, but I could literally feel my muscles getting worked like they have never worked before.

After my workout, I was really happy. I was happy the $44 was a good investment and I was very happy knowing I have another tool in the drawer to make me stronger and more ready for motocross. I feel pumped and healthy having the Upper Body Workout Bar, running almost every other day for 3-5 miles, doing bench presses, and human-chairs (find a wall in your house, put your back flush against it and slide your back down until your body feels like a chair with your legs square to the floor. Then hold that position for as long as you can. You'll feel the burn in your calf & quad muscles like you never felt before!).

So until next time, happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment