Monday, May 3, 2010

Southwick- MX-338


I decided to do my first race of the season this past Sunday. And why not do it at one of the nation's top motocross tracks! Yup- I raced Southwick, MA. It was hot as hell- 86 degrees and very sunny all day long. I raced the 30+ class and finished 7th in the qualifier and 6th in the main event. Not bad for the first time racing in 9 years...


I gotta be honest though... even considering that I have been practicing all winter long and I consider myself in excellent physical shape, racing Southwick was one of the most brutally physically-challenging things I have ever done! And I'm not one to complain, but in all honesty, the track was beat to death and it was hotter than hell! We're talking massive braking and acceleration bumps throughout the whole course. There wasn't one section of the track where I could give my arms or legs a break. It was non-stop, hold on to your ass, and do everything you can to make it through this type riding... and I somehow did it- two 15 minute motos.


And I'm hooked! I can't wait until next Sunday to race Jolly Rogers in NH! I'm pumped and ready to go win a trophy. Sunday couldn't come soon enough...


See you at the track,


Patrick


No comments:

Post a Comment