Monday, May 17, 2010

Central Village- May 16th


The track at Central Village ROCKS! Its technical yet a lot of fun and has much too offer. This was my first race there and I was really eager to check it out. I found it to be a mix of loom and sand- pretty soft for the most part. The track had a mix of everything!

From cool jumps (and a really cool step-down) to a nice rhythm section, to a lot of tight corners, this place had the best of everything. One thing that I noticed almost immediately was the importance of knowing your lines at this track. I never realized the importance of lines until I raced here...

It seemed like that in almost every corner the inside and outside lines merged together within a few feet of the exit of the corner. In most corners, you leave the turn and get some distance down the track before the lines merge if at all. At Central, this is not the case. The inside and outside lines merge almost immediately. So if you take the outside, you'll find yourself bumping into the guy who took the inside very quickly...it makes you think ahead.

Because of this, I also noticed that a good solid start is key to winning at this track. Both times I got out front and that helped me big time. Having to get past traffic on this track is that much more challenging especially considering that it is a very narrow track. If you can get out front fast in the moto, you will do well.

So as the day winded down, I lucked out and avoided all the crashes and took 5th overall. Not bad for a new track. I just want to work more on cornering and gearing. I definitely think I should bump up the rear sprocket 1-2 teeth to bring 3rd gear into a more usable range.

See you Sunday,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment