Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crow Hill MX- 05-22




This has gotta be one of the best, professionally run tracks in the circuit! Crow Hill rocks! The whole layout- from parking, to cycling through classes with minimal delays, right down to the quality of the trophies- this place gets it!

I went to Crow Hill MX park in Baldwinville, MA for the first time this past Saturday. I wanted to get in a quick practice before I raced there on Sunday. I'm glad I did! I got a good feel for the lines and layout which helped build up the confidence for Sunday's race. Although I took a crash during practice, I still rode on and figured out some of the lines.

I left practice feeling really good but I was a bit concerned with the starting gate area and the uphill slope to the first turn. My rear tire was pretty worn down and I felt as though when the gate drops I will probably experience a lot of wheel spin giving me a lousy launch. So I made a judgement call and threw on my brand new Michelin Starcross rear tire. Smart move....

Sunday came around and in my very first moto I pulled a holeshot! It was pretty cool being out there in the front of the pack all alone! I am glad I threw on the new rear tire as I could feel it hook up so well on the start!

In sum, I took 1st overall in the 30+ class and 6th overall in the 200+ class. I would have done a lot better if I didn't screw up a start in the 1st moto of this class, but what can I say- stuff happens!
It was a great day of racing and again, I was sooooo impressed with how professionally run this track is! So check it out when you can. They are open for practice T/TH/S.

Until next time,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment