Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jolly Rogers- 05-09-10


We arrived at Jolly Rogers in Lempster New Hampshire at 8AM... it was 31 degrees! But the temperature was no suprise or dissapointment. I had practiced at MotoTown (the indoor track in CT) at temperatures looming around 29 degrees. I was glad that I practiced in cold temps before arriving at Jolly's. That practice helped me out a lot.

Not only was it cold, but it had rained the entire day before. So, it was freezing cold and the track was very wet and muddy. Not the most favorable conditions, but thats racing for you, and as a racer, you have to expect anything mother nature dishes out.

My first moto was somewhat of a nightmare. I jumped the gate too soon which resulted in a bad start. Then to make matters worse, I crashed in a corner because it was so muddy. The corner was like a greased cookie sheet with a foot of shit on top and of course I crashed in it...

Despite the bad start and crash, one thing that I was most impressed with- I stayed so calm in that moto. In the past, I would have been in panic mode- all upset, flipping out, and not thinking straight. This time, I stayed calm and cool and finished the moto. I guess I have finally learned how to deal with the situation at hand...

As for the second moto- it ROCKED! I had one of the best starts ever- almost a clean holeshot. It was beautiful and natural. I pinned it out of the gate and was upfront going into the corner with just one rider next to me. This start was flawless and made me smile....

I ended up finishing 3rd and picked up 3 points in my class along with a trophy. Not a bad day. And after my last moto, we packed up in less than 5 minutes and got the hell out of there!!! I was frozen, wet, cold, and wanted to warm up with a hot shower!

Another AWESOME day at the track!

Till next time,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment